End of Year Tasks
As the end of your school year approaches, here are some suggestions for positioning Symphony Math for success in the next school year.
The changes below will affect data dashboards for your school. Please do NOT follow the steps outlined in this document until the school year is over, allowing your teachers and staff the opportunity to view their student reports.
Please note that all of the suggestions below require Administrative access privileges:
1. Export student data to integrate with your offline data integration systems.
All student data from the Symphony Math Dashboard can be exported in CSV format from the Reports menu:
- Download the Usage Log for your school.
* Press the blue icon at the bottom right of the center graph. This action will export a log of all students' use throughout your school year.
- Export Data Views for all students.
* Press 'All Grades', then 'All Students' from the data view below the graphs.
* In each Data View tab (Use and Progress, Standards, Assessment), press the 'Export' button to export the summary records for all students.
2. Remove Classes.
Removing classes does NOT affect student records in any way. All student data is preserved unless the student is deleted from the overall school roster or the student progress is reset.
- Press Classes.
- Press the top checkbox to select all classes.
- Press the 'Trash' icon to delete all classes.
3. If desired, reset student progress.
This action is permanent. Please consult with your entire staff before resetting student progress.
Many schools choose to reset student progress at the end of the school year. Symphony Math uses an adaptive branching engine that quickly moves students through mastered material. By resetting student progress, students will have an opportunity to demonstrate their mastery in all Stages at the beginning of the next school year.
- Press Students.
- Press the top checkbox to select all students.
- From the MORE pulldown menu, select 'Reset Student Progress'.
At the beginning of the next school year, you will Import an updated roster, which will make any necessary changes to student names, update their grade levels, and assign them to new classes.